Dear PSAC member,
Your vote matters! BC’s municipal and local government elections coming up on October 20th offer a chance for local residents to determine the future of their communities. As we have done in the past, the Public Service Alliance of Canada is participating in the Stronger Communities Together campaign, which is coordinated by the Canadian Labour Congress and affiliated unions.
District Labour Councils – representing union members across the province – have spent time interviewing many of the candidates and have compiled a list of municipal, school, and parks board candidates who:
- Invest in our communities
- Support public services.
- Stop privatization
- Create good jobs
- Ensure sustainability
The PSAC BC Regional Council has reviewed the process and endorsements and are in full agreement with the endorsed candidates for your area or municipality.
I encourage you review the endorsed candidates in the lists below and to vote for candidates that share a progressive and sustainable vision for the future of our communities.
- Vancouver - Vancouver | North Vancouver City
- Sunshine Coast - Schelt | Sunshine Coast Regional District
- North Okanagan -? Kelowna | Vernon
- New Westminster and District - Port Coquitlam | Port Moody | Surrey | Whiterock | Burnaby | Coquitlam | Delta | Langley City | Langley Township | Maple Ridge | New Westminster | Pitt Meadows
- Nanaimo - Duncan | Nanaimo | North Cowichan | Parksville
- Kamloops - Kamloops
- Fraser Valley - Abbotsford | Chilliwack | Harrison Hot Springs | Mission
- East Kootenay - Cranbrook | Fernie
- Campbell River - Campbell River | Comox | Courtenay | Cumberland
- Victoria - Victoria | Sooke | Saanich | Oak Bay | Central Saanich
- Prince Rupert - Prince Rupert
To find out more about the endorsed candidates contact your local District Labour Council. For more information about how and where to vote, visit your city's website.
I have also heard from two PSAC members who are running for municipal office.
Barry Cunningham works at the Canadian Coast Guard and is running for a position on the Prince Rupert City Council. Barry can be reached at email@example.com.
I am happy to see PSAC members getting involved in politics and their community and I encourage you to get in touch with Barry and Val and find out more about their campaigns.
Regional Executive Vice President, BC
Public Service Alliance of Canada