The theme for this year’s March On Vancouver is Resist! Persist!
This is the third year that people of all backgrounds have come together to march to empower, inspire, unite and lead the charge for advancement of women across Canada and the world.
Here is a list of all the marches taking place in communities across BC:
- Comox Valley (420 Cumberland Road, Courtenay), 10:30 am to 12:30 pm;
- Fraser Valley (Ann Davis Transition Society – 9046 Young Road, Chilliwack), 11 am to 1 pm;
- Grand Forks (Central Avenue and 5th Street, Grand Forks), 10 am to 1 pm;
- Nanaimo (Lions Pavillion in Maffeo Sutton Park, 100 Comox Road, Nanaimo), 10:30 am to 2 pm;
- Nelson (Nelson City Hall, 310 Ward St., Nelson), 11 am to 1 pm;
- Salt Spring Island (Library Steps Salt Spring Island, Hereford Ave., Salt Spring Island) , 1 pm to 2:30 pm;
- Vancouver (Vancouver Art Gallery, Hornby St. at Georgia, Vancouver), 10 am to 12 pm;
- Victoria (Legislature Building, 501 Belleville St., Victoria), 11 am to 2 pm.
For more information on this year’s marches, or to keep updated on marches being added, please visit March on Vancouver at เล่นเกมออนไลน์ผ่านแอพfacebook.com/marchonvancouver or March on Canada at เล่นเกมออนไลน์ผ่านแอพmarchoncanada.ca
I will be at the march in Vancouver and I encourage members to take part in a march in their area this year, and to share their stories on social media using the hashtag #womenswave.
PSAC BC Regional Council Women's Coordinator